This role will be responsible for documenting and analyzing current service delivery models and participate in the development and implementation of new service delivery models; including leading business process review and re-engineering, facilitating stakeholder workshops and collecting stakeholder input, roles and responsibilities definition and developing and piloting sub-projects.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Conducts research on assigned projects, taking into account developments within the field, corporate policies and practices, legislation and initiatives by other levels of government.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Reviews, analyzes and documents as-is service delivery models, position functions and business processes, recommending changes to improve service delivery.
- Collects and maintains service inventories.
- Identifies, analyzes, rationalizes and optimizes; business processes, inputs, and outputs; program operations and functions at a detailed level by interviewing, documenting, and facilitating business process review/re-engineering sessions with stakeholders.
- Reviews the potential impact of recommend changes with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Prepares business cases, feasibility studies (including economic, organizational, operational, technical impact), project charters/plans, business/functional/technical requirements, design documents, training strategies/plans, and user documentation and Request for Proposals and Request for Quotations (RFP/RFQ).
- Prepares reports, making recommendations on changes in business methods and processes.
- Oversees project quality management on behalf of the Project Team Leader.
- Conducts financial analysis and determines key indicators to measure the effectiveness and efficiencies of service delivery methods and design processes to track those indicators.
- Leads sub projects, develops plans and evaluates the effectiveness of these projects.
- Develops test or pilot strategies, plans and monitors and evaluates trials.
- Conducts training sessions for staff in new business processes.
- Facilitates stakeholder working sessions.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as Business or Public Administration or Project Management or approved equivalent combination of education and experience. CBAP or PMP certification is an asset.
- Experience analyzing statistical data, reports, research materials and the ability to prepare, organize and present project documentation (e.g. business case, feasibility study, project plans).
- Experience analyzing business processes, business process re-engineering, information systems and statistics in combination with experience working on strategic enterprise initiatives focused on identifying options, best practices and opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Experience in using a variety of software packages including MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), process design software (e.g. Visio, iGraphix, ARIS, Rational Modeler,..), business requirements management and quality assurance tools (e.g., Blueprint, HP QC) and project management software (e.g., MS Project).
- Experience in assessing and developing effective, highly professional reports, research proposals, project plans and analysis that facilitate management decision making for achieving service efficiencies through implementation of various strategic initiatives.
- Significant demonstrated analytical, interpretative, evaluative and constructive thinking skills to establish strategic objectives, and to develop solutions that support the unique operational, business and administrative needs of the client.
- Experience facilitating small and large group meetings and working sessions.
- Knowledge of change management principles and the ability to implement change.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to deal effectively with city staff, councillors, senior management and the public.
- Effective decision-making, conflict resolution, problem solving skills, demonstrating innovation with a results-oriented approach and strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others in a multidisciplinary team.
- Familiarity with government legislation in the area of occupational health and safety.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID #2267380 and the job classification title.